Sunday, 15 May 2011

Mardi le 10 mai 2011

I am really loving it here!  Roger and Yvette are very nice.  Roger is quiet and unfortunately he mumbles when he speaks so I am having some difficulty understanding him, but Yvette is very clear and she really make an effort to talk with me and Elyse.  One of the activities we did at school today was a race (le rallye).  We made teams of two people and Marie-Eve and Marjoline made up a sheet with 15 questions on it about the high school we were studying at in Trois-Pistoles and we had to go around and ask the staff questions.  It also helped us to get to know our way around the school better.
We watched a movie that night called “L’auberge espagnol” about a group of student living in an apartment in Spain and they all come from different countries.  I didn’t understand every word, because it was in France French and there weren’t any subtitles, but I got the gist of it.  I heard a lot of words I recognized so I could piece together the story and coupled with the body language of the actors I pretty much understood what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment